Raymond & Associates
Paralegal Services

Click here to edit subtitle

Small Claims Court

The Small Claims Court is a branch of the Superior Court of Justice, and handles nearly half of all civil claims in the province. The Court has civil jurisdiction over monetary claims up to $25,000, and provides an efficient and cost-effective forum for Ontarians to bring or defend these claims.  The Rules of the Small Claims Court provide for streamlined procedures so that cases can be determined at a lower cost and in less time for litigants than cases commenced in the Superior Court.

Landlord and Tenant Board

The Landlord and Tenant Board’s role is to provide information about the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) and to resolve disputes between most residential landlords and tenants. 

Ministry of Labour

Fairness in the workplace is the right of all Ontarians.

Employment standards are enforced under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA), which sets out the minimum standards that employers and employees must follow.

The Ministry of Labour, through its Employment Standards Program:

  • enforces the ESA and its regulations
  • provides information and education to employers and employees, making it easier for people to understand and comply voluntarily
  • investigates possible violations
  • resolves complaints

Employees who believe their employer has not complied with the law can file a claim with the Ministry of Labour.

Worker Safety and Insurance Board

The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) is an independent trust agency that administers compensation and no-fault insurance for Ontario workplaces. We are committed to delivering what matters to the workers and employers of Ontario: fast, accessible service and fair benefits at a fair price. The WSIB provides wage loss benefits, medical coverage and help getting back to work – the best possible outcome following an injury on the job.

Commissioner of Oath

If you are looking to have an affidavit or other documents sworn, 

Raymond & Associates Paralegal Services can help for a modest fee!

Here is a list of the documents we can commission:

  • Legal Documents (Affidavits, Statutory Declarations)
  • Consent to Travel with a Minor/Child
  • Vehicle Ownership Transfers
  • Proof of Loss (Insurance Claims)
  • Professional Accreditation Applications
  • Passport Applications (In Lieu of Guarantor)
  • Lost Passport
  • Student Loan Applications
  • Affidavit of  Discrepancy in Name
  • Name Change Application/Common Law Declarations
  • Delayed Birth Registration Forms
  • Application to Amend Birth Registration
  • Residency Document
  • Single Status Certificate
  • Municipal Information Form (MIF) for Liquor Licence
  • Affidavit Waiving Vaccinations based on Religious Grounds